Sunday, June 10, 2012

Book Review on Divergent by Veronica Roth

Book Review

Divergent by Veronica Roth


First off, I absolutely LOVED it! I can now see why it was a best-selling book. It was so incredibly good.  Wait! Not good, it was spectacular!! This is one of those books that sucks you in the moment you start reading it. It starts to get somewhat intense just a few chapters in. It was so heart-racing, unique. I was literally on the edge of my bed or sit everything I picked up the book to read it. I didn’t want to put it down when I was reading it, but of course I had to. I really only have time to read is a when I’m relaxing after work, and when I’m in bed, and of course on weekends. I loved everything about the book. The storyline was written so well. This book has a little bit of everything. It has romance, drama, and action. Like I said earlier, it does get pretty intense. I could tell the author took her time writing out this story. The characters are written so well. You could tell she took her time on writing out each character. The book wasn’t rushed, it was perfect.  If you have not read the book, please do not continue reading the review for it will contain some spoilers. I do recommend that for those who have not read the book, to please read it. It’s a great book.
The book is about a dystopian society where it is split into 5 fractions. They are Candor ( the honest ), Abnegation ( the selfless ), Dauntless ( the brave ), Amity ( the peaceful ), and Erudite ( the intelligent ). Every year, all 16 year olds make a choice to stay with the fraction they were born in, or chose to transfer into another fraction. Once all the 16 year olds have made the choice, they each go through the initiation process. If they pass they are who they chose to be, if they fail they become fractionless. If you become fractionless, you basically become a nobody, and homeless. The Abnegation does try to help the fractionless by giving them food, and other things.
 Now on to the point of the story. Beatrice struggles to decide to stay with her family (abnegation) or transferring to another fraction. So she makes a choice at the last minute that shocks her and everyone else. During the Dauntless initiation, Beatrice renames herself as Tris. She has a hard time finding who her friends are. She also meets Four (Tobias) who has been in Dauntless for a long time. Four was chosen to become one of the leaders, but turned down the offer. Now he just sorta takes orders from the leaders of Dauntless.  After meeting Tris, he starts to feel protective over her, but tries to hide it. He suspects and fines out through the initation that Tris is a divergent. Throughout the book, things start to get intense and unravel. Now it’s threatening lives of the people who Tris cares about and loves. Tris loses a few people who she loves and cares about. She continues to move forward to what she needs to do, because she knows they died for her to continue on, not to stop.
 Want to know more? Then go get the book. This book has become a series. It already has the sequel out for it which is called “Insurgent “.Of course, after I was done with the book. I was so anxious for the 2nd one to come out, and couldn’t wait. I finally got it about a week after its release. I can already tell, no wait…I KNOW this is a series that I will re-read time and time again. It is a great series so far. I would recommend this book to anyone. Book review on Insurgent will be coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prime Day is here!!

 Prime Day is here!!  While you have seen the deals here and there, Prime Day is officially here! It starts today and ends tomorrow. So take...

Amazon