Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Current Foundations That Didn't Work For Me

Foundations That Didn't Work For Me Currently

Well let’s talk about something I don’t like this time. I have 2 foundations that I want to talk about. Well it’s not like I don’t like them, they just didn’t work with my skin for whatever reason. I can’t make them look good. They are the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and the Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation. I will talk about each one, and explain why I didn’t like them. I’m not bashing any of these brands. I actually love them, but these particular products just didn’t work on my skin. So please take whatever I say with a grain of salt, if you love either one or both then I’m glad you do. Everyone's skin is different. So what works for you might not always work for someone else. Please don't be afraid to try these 2 products out!


Tarte – Rainforest of the Sea foundation – This is a water foundation. It’s has ingredients that is good for your skin, and it is hydrating as well. Well I have used about a quarter of this bottle, and I STILL can’t get it to look good on my skin. My skin is normally combo (oily t-zone and some areas are dry), but right now my skin is currently dry due to the season. I’ve tried using beauty blenders and brushes, tried using different moisturizers, primers, and still can’t get it work with my skin. It barely applies on my nose. It will look good when I first apply it, but within an hour it looks like crap. It would have already started to break up, and make my face look drier than it is. Or at sometimes it just looks cakey. No matter what I did, it just didn’t work for me. I wanted to like this sooo bad! I know some people that love this, and it looks great on them. I’m so envious of you! LOL.. So bummed it wasn’t for me. I do love Tarte’s other products I have, but not this. But if you love this product, then that’s great! I’m glad it works for you! If you haven’t tried it but want to I will provide a link to some places you can get it. I will keep using it up since I did buy it. I hate to waste it. This would be one I would wear around the house til it gets used up. I hope that it works for you, and if it does then that’s great! I’m going to try another primer and moisturizer with this to see if I can get it to work for me. See, I told you I really want to like this! LOL. Also this has a dropper for getting the product out of the bottle. I know some people don’t like the dropper but it doesn’t bother me. As long I don’t have to pour out the product. A pump would be better, but that’s ok. I really want to try their new Tarte Shape Tape Foundation ( I love the concealer!).

Tarte Website $39http://go.magik.ly/ml/95u6/

Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation – I have worn this a few times, and each time I didn’t like it. It would look good for the 1st 30 mins to an hour, then it just looked awful on my skin. It made me look older! It just sat on top of my skin. So anytime I touched my face to itch a spot or whatever the foundation came completely off. Even if I set the foundation with powder. I’ve tried wearing it so many different ways, just like I did with the Tarte foundation. Someone told me to try adding a little joba oil or whatever oil I had. I have 2 different kinds, and both just made it look worse. This has a odd applicator for getting the product out. It’s not a dropper or pump or even a sponge tip applicator. It’s a spatula. Yes I say spatula. It’s weird, but it does the job. I do have other products from Wet n Wild that I love, like their blushes, some of their eyeshadows, and their highlighters. But this just didn’t work for me. I will try to use this up as well or if someone else wants it and it’s their shade I will just give it to them. If you love this product, then I’m so glad it worked for you. I wish it worked for me.  If you want to try this out or in need of another one the links will be below as usual.

Wet n Wild website $5.99http://go.magik.ly/ml/95x7/

Walmart $4.68-$5.70http://go.magik.ly/ml/95x9/



Walgreens $5.99 - http://go.magik.ly/ml/95xg/

Amazon $5.70 - http://amzn.to/2DxHPuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prime Day is here!!

 Prime Day is here!!  While you have seen the deals here and there, Prime Day is officially here! It starts today and ends tomorrow. So take...

Amazon